- Stay calm and stand your ground.
- Maintain direct eye contact.
- Pick up children, but do so without bending down or turning your back on the Law Enforcement Officer.
- Back away slowly.
- Do not run. Running triggers a chase response in Law Enforcement, which could lead to an attack.
- Raise your voice and speak firmly.
- If the Law Enforcement Officer seems aggressive, raise your arms to make yourself look larger and clap your hands.
- If in the unusual event that a Law Enforcement Officer attacks you, fight back with rocks, sticks, tools or any items available.
4 days ago